Blue Lights #1 Blue Lights #1

Can't shake the feeling that a few moments were stolen directly from you previous series, Dead Detention, such as it taking place in yet another school, the female lead saving the male lead right at the start and the formation of a trio with a younger blonde girl (shades of Sora?). But you did give us a little swerve at the end where Rose got kidnapped, think it would be cool doing a .5 side-game detailing what happened to her while the two other characters were surviving from the aliens.

I appreciate switching to the page format for your game, sometimes I'd accidentally click with my mouse too hard and it would skip me a couple of scenes on your older games but now I can just flip back conveniently, it's saved me a bunch of reloads. The mini-games are still meh, clicking a glowing ball a handful of times or dragging an icon to its destination isn't exactly riveting, but your games focus more on telling a story than with gameplay.

Looks cool despite all of that, I'm curious as to why these aliens are looking for some substance on Earth and where you'll be taking this storyline from here.

JackAstral responds:

Yeah this episode relied a little on Dead Detention #1's structure - I just wanted to play it kinda safe and get the story off to a good start. Future episodes don't though !

Thanks! The substance they're looking for will be revealed in episode 2 ;-)

Trump (Fart) 2016 Soundboard Trump (Fart) 2016 Soundboard

Not biased at all :^)
Could've at least had some actual offensive quotes he's said, overlaid with fake fart sounds if you really wanted to push your anti-Trump shtick, but I guess you couldn't find anything actually offensive, huh?

finalfantasylulu responds:

I'm not anti-anything, I'm pro farts. This country will realize that trump means fart soon enough.

Top down Pac Top down Pac

Actually like this, it's a lot better than I thought it would be when I saw it. I initially thought it was some non-so-polished flash game but I was pleasantly surprised.
Seems to have Hotline Miami inspired graphics and mechanics and sot of makes me want to check out those games to see if they're any good.
The bug where the enemies cross past walls isn't so common for me, only happened once in several playthroughs and wasn't too bothersome (besides the fact it killed me) anyway.
Song (although repetitive) and visuals are pretty neato but unfortunately I couldn't get past the first level, I'd always fall for my own instincts of staying in the corner waiting for them to come to me which always ended in getting cornered and quickly disposed of, oh well.

TheOverGhoul responds:

Thanks man!
The key to winning in this game is to clear out open areas first like the part of the first level where you spawn, never creep on them because they'll shoot you first and always change weapons, avoid corners, ALWAYS move and use stage wrapping carefully.
And yeah, this was inspired by Hotline Miami, inspired a lot to be honest, if i hadn't lost motivation to work on it i would have made this game even more Hotline Miami-like.
You should really check out Hotline Miami by the way, if you want a more sick and mysterious game then go with Hotline Miami 1, but if you want more shooting and killing and more awesomeness then go with Hotline Miami 2, it doesn't really matter which one you play first since both of the first and second game share the same plot but only tell the story from a different perspective.
Thanks for the review again :)

Argument With A Trump Supporter Argument With A Trump Supporter

More than a bit stereotypical choice for Uncle Martin's dialogue but i understand you were just trying to express your beliefs, however since it was a bit biased it lost just a few points with me.
However i like your style and you're not a bad game developer by any stretch of the word so you get a positive rating.
Would be fun if there was a completely opposite game"Argument With A Bernie Supporter" just to see exaggerations and valid points on both sides of the arguments, letting people watch from a different perspective and such.

Dead Detention 2 #1 Dead Detention 2 #1

Looks pretty cool, there's a big and noticeable difference between the original series's first episode and this one, this new season looks like it'll be more polished, intricate with the collectibles, will have some more themes to it's soundtrack and so on.

There were at least a few parts where you mistakenly wrote "to" instead of "too" but that's me just nitpicking, i found a bit of a glitch, on the ending screen if you open your inventory and plot token tab you won't be able to leave that page.

Keep doing a good job, i'm looking forward to the next episode.

JackAstral responds:

Fixed the resume button thingy!

Dead Detention After Story Dead Detention After Story

Nice ending to a good and creative series of games, i was a bit surprised by the length of this episode, maybe it was because i hadn't played a Dead Detention game in a while but it felt like you extended the narrative more than in previous installments.
I also liked the little details you sprinkled here and there, the waning crescent moon symbol for example, does that mean that the secret society has eyes EVERYWHERE? Guess i'll have to wait for the next series to find out, which i am totally hyped for, by the way.
Hopefully Max and his friends will all meet again in the future, maybe a reunion when they're all fully grown adults.

Good job, man, keep up the good work you've been doing lately.

Dead Detention #2.5 Dead Detention #2.5

Nice, the cult storyline is progressing smoothly and you're still bringing new things to the table in the Dead Detention series which is cool.
Here's hoping there's an 3.5 and 4.5 episodes!

JackAstral responds:

Thanks! I'll definitely be doing at least one more :)

Dead Detention #1.5 Dead Detention #1.5

Yay, more Dead Detention!
The mini-games were simple and easy and the references you put in here and there were interesting, i'm intrigued about how you're gonna put two of your game series together with that whole cult thing.
Looking forward to the next installment.

Persona 4: TV Defenders Persona 4: TV Defenders

This was a cute fangame, it was a bit too short but it was also original. The fighting could use some improvements, after you figure out how it works it can get monotonous.
Will you be making a fangame of Persona 3 as well? I'd really love to play that.

Happy Turd Happy Turd

Wow, this is an actually decent Flappy Bird clone, you brought in some interesting mechanics and you gave it some unique humour, good job, man.