All 120 art Reviews

Free Toy Inside Free Toy Inside

That's not milk, is it?

Worse, it's soya milk.

Spilled Milk Spilled Milk

Considering Dave, I'm surprised what he spilled wasn't something else.

ChazDude responds:

Many things were spilled that day...

God has a plan. God has a plan.

Can't help but feel that the joke would've been even funnier if he only had one thing on his list, "Kill Timmy's dog."

Potatoman Begins: Page 12 Potatoman Begins: Page 12

Neat, sorta like some knock-off underground X-Men.
But instead of cool powers they're all horribly mutated.

ChazDude responds:

And only one will rise to greatness...

The Virus The Virus

On the plus side, Dave may have a very promising career in the adult entertainment business, especially in Japan.

Inktober Day 11 Inktober Day 11

Not sure if dick or pubic hair joke.
Either way, fun stuff.

ChazDude responds:

Now that you mention it, probably pubes :P

Jet Fuel Jet Fuel

Jet fuel can't melt steel memes.

The Tale Teller No Densetsu Wallpaper The Tale Teller No Densetsu Wallpaper

I really liked that animation as well, it's actually one of my favourites. It's cute to see them now portrayed in such a small pixely scale with other characters of Jazza around them and their stories happening in the background.

I noticed two things that I think you might've done by accident, though, although if it's strictly for the aesthetics I guess I can understand. The fountain seems to not be in a correct angle in relation to the main characters, they look flat on the ground like we're seeing them directly in front of us (like they're across the street, for example) but the fountain is tilted in a way that it looks like we're seeing it from almost directly up above it. And the second little thing was that the story told to the poor woman who couldn't feed her children doesn't seem to be given as much space as the other two, making it seem less important, maybe it was because you ran out of space for them due to the water-fountain?

But aside from those two little things I really liked it, I also believe you put up some sort of effect overlay over the above scenes, right? Makes them looks smudgy and stained while also standing out better from the bright clear colours of the characters down bellow as they happily listen to the tale teller once more.

ScepterDPinoy responds:

Thanks for the criticism. I really enjoyed the animation but I do apologize that this wallpaper was a bit rushed due to silhouette characters that I will risk in copyright infringement and trying my best to position the fountain if possible but doesn't feel accurate in your perspective which I agree on that. I will have a shit ton of week to do other stuff next week.

Beware these Woods Beware these Woods

Really like all the different shadings and textures for the trees you put into this one, the only one that stood out negatively was the one behind the monster's right horn with very plain squiggles on the trunk.

I'd like to know where you get inspiration for some of these or do you just start doodling and see where it goes?

ThePulp responds:

oh well I started a method of testing both ideas and methods with just drawing full pieces off the bat

in this one I was testing foreground/background value and shadows

I had a vague idea in my head and I just started drawing

at least 30% of the drawing process involves covering up some minor mistakes

oh yeah the one stand-out tree bothers me too haha

Potatoman Begins: Prologue Potatoman Begins: Prologue

Think it needs some cool comic book cover to really get people hyped for his origin story but it's still neat like this anyway, just coming across him all of a sudden in his hide-out, I'm really curious to see what he looked like before he was a potato superhero. Would've figured he'd have some hot potato-on-potato action playing on his computer instead of a hit-list, though.
Your idea of submitting a page every week is kinda cool, makes it feel like a real comic.

ChazDude responds:

I had made some art for a poster or something like that, and this comment reminded me to actually finish it, so here it is:

Nothing too fancy. Maybe when chapter 1 is done I'll draw a proper cover c: